Call Me Southland Workshops
We’re holding 8 two hour facilitated public workshops across the district as below: –
- FRIDAY 22 JULY: Athol 11-1 pm then Lumsden 6-8pm
- SATURDAY 23 JULY: Wyndham 11-1 pm then Winton 6-8pm
- SUNDAY 24 JULY: Stewart Island 11-1pm then Riverton 6-8pm
- MONDAY 25 JULY: Nightcaps 11-1pm then Te Anau 6-8pm
We also plan visit the 6 high school colleges to capture the youth voice, run a version of the workshop online and run an online survey for anyone that couldn’t attend a workshop.
Once all the findings have been collated, we will present them back to the community for validation before finalising a report. The output will provide decision-makers (at all levels across the community) with clear direction about the future that the community wants to work towards.
Why You Should Attend a Workshop
- We know people fear that things they value will disappear. They fear that their future life in rural communities is decided by the urban centres. This is a great chance to talk about these issues and find solutions.
- The process helps local communities take control of their future. It’s very empowering for a community to set the agenda and describe long term success.
- Because this project is all about supporting and strengthening our local community, we know people find it a really worthwhile and satisfying way to give a couple of hours of their time.
For more information, check out the Southland Community Visioning page.
To book a space at a workshop, email [email protected]